See your website’s offline phone call conversions in Google Analytics
Your Callcap-powered phone number connects website visitors to phone callers and now you can see these offline conversions inside Analytics as a Phone Call event. See your true conversion rate – online and offline.
We’re a Google Analytics Technology Partner. Check us out in the Google Analytics Partner Gallery
Where can I see my offline conversions?
We add a Google Analytics event that is tied to the unique tracking ID of the website visitor that called your phone number. Primarily, you see events under the Behavior > Events section under the Reporting tab. Anywhere in Analytics that allows reporting or filtering by events you will be able to see this as a “Phone Call” event. Phone Call events can also be set up to trigger Goals.
If you’d like to read more about Google Analytics Event Tracking, check out their Analytics Help pages: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033068?hl=en
Can I get these conversions in Adwords?
Yes, you can import your Goals from Google Analytics into AdWords Conversion Tracking. The following conditions must apply:
- Your Analytics and AdWords accounts are linked.
- You’ve opted into data sharing in your Analytics account.
- You’ve enabled auto-tagging in your AdWords account.
- On a per-type basis, your Analytics Goal or transaction has received active traffic from an AdWords ad at some point.
To import your Goals
- After you’ve linked your AdWords and Analytics accounts, wait 30 minutes for the imports to be ready. Then, sign in to your AdWords account, click the Tools tab, and select Conversions.
- Click Google Analytics in the left-hand menu.
- Check the boxes next to the goals or transactions you want to import. Click Continue.
- On the next page, you’ll see settings that will apply to all of the Goals or transactions you selected. Make your choices, then click Import goals.
- Click Close, or to import more Goals, click Import more.
Check out the Analytics Help page for more information about importing conversions:
How do I set up the Google Analytics integration?
- Add your Google Analytics ID to the Management page for the phone number(s) you want to track in Google Analytics.
- Turn on “Webmatch” web-to-phone tracking and place our tracking code on your website alongside your Google Analytics Universal Analytics tracking code.
- That’s it! As we match up your phone callers to website visitors we will send an Analytics “Phone Call” event directly connected to the visitor’s session using the Google Analytics Measurement Protocol.
Now, you can setup any of your reports and goals within Google Analytics with the added dimension of offline conversions – phone calls. Take this information to Adwords to see your true conversion rate – both online and offline.
What does the event look like in Google Analytics?
Event Category: “Phone Call”
Event Action: “Call to campaign: (Campaign Name)”
Event Label : “Phone call from website visitor”