02 September 2010

Avoid Becoming “Comfortably Mediocre” in your Business Endeavors

Would you loan someone $10,000 if they ensured you there was a solid 80% chance they would pay you back? Sure, there admittedly would be a 20% chance you would simply be out the money with nothing to show for it…but 80% makes for fairly decent odds. That is in fact above average, “good enough”, right?

Not quite. Unfortunately, however, that is the mentality many of today’s professionals have regarding their businesses. Closing 90, 80, even 70 percent of their sales is considered “good enough”, and the entrepreneurial spirit to maximize potential profitability has gone by the wayside in exchange for a “comfortably mediocre” mindset.

Achieving anything less than 100% is admitting there is room for improvement. If 99.9% was universally considered adequate:

  • Hospitals would give twelve newborns to the wrong parents daily.
  • Footwear companies would ship out 114,500 mismatched pairs of shoes each year.
  • The US Postal Service would mis-handle 18,322 pieces of mail every hour.
  • The IRS would lose two million documents this year.
  • Publishers would ship 2.5 million books with the wrong covers.
  • Two planes landing at Chicago O’Hare would be unsafe every day.
  • 315 entries in Webster’s Dictionary would be misspelled.
  • Doctors would write 20,000 incorrect drug prescriptions this year.
  • 880,000 credit cards in circulation would have incorrect cardholder information on their magnetic strips.
  • 103,260 income tax returns would be processed incorrectly during the year.
  • 5.5 million cases of soft drinks produced would be flat.
  • 291 pacemaker operations would be performed incorrectly.
  • 3,056 copies of tomorrow’s Wall Street Journal would be missing one of its four sections.

A small percentage really can make a huge difference, especially for your bottom line. An investment with Callcap offers you the opportunity to capitalize on sales leads that may otherwise have slipped through the cracks and push your booking and sales percentages to their maximum potential.

Don’t settle for mediocrity, contact our sales department today to find out how Callcap can fit your business model and help you strive for 100%.