Software Development Engineer
Responsible for the design, development and maintenance of conversational analytics software, services, and applications to help our clients grow and optimize their businesses.
As a Software Development Engineer you will participate in the design and development of developer facing APIs. These tools will provide the building blocks for our own client facing UIs and integrations with both clients and industry-specific third parties. You will help to apply our innovative solutions that solve real world problems as long-running, scalable software applications maintaining the highest levels of availability and satisfaction among our clients, both internal and external.
The project team owns the core product suite that helps understand conversations with customers.
- We build highly scalable services that provide insights into what is happening during a conversation.
- The team is focused on enhancing our industry-leading conversational analytics solution to provide even better analytics in real-time.
- We are a group of technologists from diverse backgrounds, love building new innovative technologies and enhancing existing ones.
- We embrace agile culture
- We use data to make decisions and validate assumptions.
- We learn from others and help grow those in your team to achieve their best.
We need you to have:
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Strong programming skills structured within a collaborative development environment
- A track record of successful delivery of new applications and services
- The ability to write automated tests to ensure the correctness of complex systems
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Passion for solving hard problems
We’d like you to have:
- A strong understanding of the many ways systems can fail
- Knowledge of how to build systems resilient to failure
- Experience in building platforms used by other developers to build new products
- Experience with service-oriented architectures
- Academic or real-world experience building distributed systems
- The ability to clearly and concisely describe complex ideas
- Demonstrated experience developing APIs (REST, JSON, XML-RPC, etc)
- A diverse set of programming languages, frameworks; for example: Java, Scala, Kafka, Typescript, Kubernetes, Snowflake
- Strong knowledge of operating system behaviors, especially regarding stability, performance, and correctness
- Familiarity with cloud services (for example AWS EC2, S3, SWF, Lambda, etc)
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); Associates Degree or bachelor’s preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Demonstrated excellence in ability to listen to internal and external customer needs/ issues and implement operational solutions in a timely manner.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; ability to write simple correspondence; ability to effectively present to employees of the organization.
- Aptitude to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations and respond to questions from managers and peers.
- Fluency in English required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds. The vision requirements include: ability to adjust focus, distance vision, and close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment (office) is usually moderate.
Callcap is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Callcap prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. Callcap conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. Additionally, Callcap will act to employ, advance in employment and treat qualified Vietnam-era veterans and disabled veterans without discrimination in all employment practices.
Job Type: Full-time