Demand Generation Coordinator – SMB
The Demand Generation Coordinator-SMB is responsible for generating and nurturing leads specific to our small business offerings. This role will partner with brands within the Marchex family to create messaging, content and campaigns specific to offerings targeted at small businesses. Plans will include broad-reach marketing strategies leveraging channels appropriate for small businesses, including SEO, SEM, social, review sites, video channels, webinars, content syndication and email. Execution will include working closely with the rest of the Demand Generation Team to ensure coordinated and effective execution to achieve demand generation goals.
This role is essential to Marchex’s presence in the small and medium business market. As Demand Generation Coordinator, you will ensure the continued success of Marchex by delivering the right content at the right time to prospective customers, nurturing leads and delivering a healthy pipeline of qualified leads to our sales team as well as driving signups on self-serve experiences.
The Demand Generation Team owns and executes marketing programs and lead follow-up to drive net new leads, timely lead follow-up, and pipeline. The team also drives marketing operations, managing, operating and selecting systems and tools that comprise our MarTech stack.
Outline of Duties and Responsibilities
- Support sales revenue goals by developing and implementing demand generation campaigns in order to drive awareness of Marchex family SMB product offerings
- Self-starter and ability to work independently with remote team
- Highly skilled at creating urgency, develop a strong knowledge of Marchex family product offerings, and work well cross-functionally.
- Generate qualified leads for sales and signups for self-serve properties through ongoing awareness and industry specific campaigns
- Will be measured on campaigns in market, MQLs, conversions to sales accepted leads and pipeline and signups
- Create, execute and manage campaigns: this includes writing copy that converts, A/B testing to optimize campaign materials, setting up programs in Marketo, delivering results and reporting out on impact
- Executing on ongoing monthly programs like webinars or email campaigns
- Collaborate closely with the other Demand Generation Team members to ensure effective execution.
- Will work with systems and tools including Salesforce, Marketo, Engagio, social posting/listening tools, etc.
- Support the vision and values of the company through role modeling and encouraging desired behaviors.
- Participate in various company initiatives and projects as requested.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience required
- 2+ years’ experience on a lead generation team or inside sales environment
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as successfully function independently
- Success-metric driven individual
- Experience working in and understanding a goal oriented, fast paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to see tasks through to successful completion
- Results driven and highly motivated self-starter with demonstrated initiative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Overall positive attitude, team-player orientation and willingness to be flexible in a changing environment
- Experience using a windows-based PC and intermediate knowledge of MS Office suite, specifically Outlook, Word and Excel preferred
- Marketing campaigns writing experience, specifically writing email and landing page copy in friendly, consumer-style non-technical language with clear value propositions appropriate for SMB’s. Submitting a writing sample is a requirement for this position.
- Experience marketing to Small and Medium Businesses preferred
- Experience working with marketing automation systems, including setting up programs and deploying emails, is a requirement. Specific experience with Marketo preferred
- Understanding of Account Based Marketing strategies and tactics is a plus
- Salesforce experience and familiarity preferred
- Experience working with large data sets and knowledge of Excel
The job conditions for this position are in a standard office setting. Employees in this position use PC and phone on an on-going basis throughout the day. Limited corporate travel may be required to remote offices or other business meetings and events.
Marchex is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Marchex prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. Marchex conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. Additionally, Marchex will take action to employ, advance in employment and treat qualified Vietnam-era veterans and disabled veterans without discrimination in all employment practices.