Customer Operations Specialist
A Customer Operations Specialist is responsible for sharing the Callcap experience, while ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction. Basic duties include managing flow of the workplace, optimizing day to day activities, and identifying customer needs regarding Callcap services. A Customer Operations Specialist should be accustomed to Voice-over-IP (VoIP) telecommunications. A concentration in the Local Number Portability (LNP) process is equally preferred. The candidate should be proficient in operating technologically advanced products, services and data analysis. Technical skills must be used to explain the features and benefits of Callcap products and services, and help problem solve to meet expectations. Operations Specialists should also be detail -oriented with the ability to look at the bigger picture.
- Assist managing project requests and serve as a customer point-of-contact
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations internally and externally
- Collaborate with sales teams to understand customer requirements and provide sales support
- Identifies current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with customers to understand service requirements
- Contributes to sales support effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-term issues; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations, recommending courses of action and executing on established directives
- Monitor port requests from initiation to completion & troubleshoot any complications
- Will be responsible for periodic on-call requests after hours
- Working collaboratively, communicating professionally, displaying commitment and a strong work ethic are required
- Working knowledge of telephony and the telecommunications industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Problem Solving to meet customer needs
- Presentation Skills
- Attention to detail and multitasking abilities
- Experience with LNP processes
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The statements on this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents. They are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required by all incumbents. Incumbents may perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and hold basic computer skills. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); Associates Degree or bachelor’s preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Demonstrated excellence in ability to listen to internal and external customer needs/ issues and implement operational solutions in a timely manner.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; ability to write simple correspondence; ability to effectively present to employees of the organization.
- Aptitude to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations and respond to questions from managers and peers.
- Fluency in English required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds. The vision requirements include: ability to adjust focus, distance vision, and close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment (office) is usually moderate.
Callcap is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Callcap prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. Callcap conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. Additionally, Callcap will act to employ, advance in employment and treat qualified Vietnam-era veterans and disabled veterans without discrimination in all employment practices.