Backend Developer/ Cloud Engineer
The Backend Developer/Cloud Engineer will be responsible for developing and deploying the cloud instances and code for internal utilities and features as well as external products and integrations. Problem solving, flexibility, adaptability, time estimation and ability to learn quickly are key attributes of this position. The individual must be able to report on progress and validate results. A passion for building new things, and keeping up with technology trends will go a long way. You should have big ideas and the conviction to talk about them.
Job Details & Responsibilities
- Develop our new voice platform.
- Develop new features and new products in line with Callcap’s mission.
- Develop new internal tools to assist internal staff
- Support our telecom/web software infrastructure.
- Assist in development and improvement of documentation for internal staff and end-users.
- Participate in 24/7 On-call rotation.
- At least 2 years of practical programming experience.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong proficiency in node.js backend development.
- Good understanding of version control using Git.
- Working knowledge of cloud server instances (AWS, Google Cloud, etc).
- Experience with SQL server management (we use MySQL).
- Basic knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Experience with VoIP/SIP/Telecom or telephony APIs, like Twilio.
- Experience with Linux, Apache, RESTful API development and usage.
- Experience with Adobe Coldfusion or the will to learn Coldfusion (cfml and cfscript).
- A drive for optimization and a passion for new technologies and problem solving.
- Demonstrated excellence in ability to listen to internal and external customer needs/ issues, and implement operational solutions in a timely manner.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; ability to write simple correspondence; ability to effectively present to employees of the organization.
- Aptitude to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations and respond to questions from managers and peers.
- Fluency in English required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds. The vision requirements include: ability to adjust focus, distance vision, and close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment (office) is usually moderate.
Full-time, on-site. Our normal operating hours are 8am to 4:30pm M-F.
Callcap is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Callcap prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. Callcap conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. Additionally, Callcap will take action to employ, advance in employment and treat qualified Vietnam-era veterans and disabled veterans without discrimination in all employment practices.